Summer Camp 2015
Camp, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character, and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social, and educational activities. Camp teaches self-reliance and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of sports, theater, games outdoor adventure, talent shows, and meaningful relationships. Y counselors are dedicated to making sure camp is an amazing experience for every camper.
Welcome to Summer Camp! Visit this page often for updates on the many summer offerings sponsored by the New Britain-Berlin YMCA. Below are the pdf versions of many helpful forms and brochures you may need throughout the summer. Completing these forms before you stop in to register will save you some time when you get here. We can’t wait to see you this summer. Sign up this spring!
CAMP THUNDERMOON INFORMATION (Grades: K-12)
Camp Thundermoon is located at:
Mooreland Hill School
166 Lincoln Street, Berlin, CT
LITTLE EXPLORERS INFORMATION (Ages: 3-6)
Little Explorers is located at:
Y Childcare and Program Center
10 Chamberlain Hwy, Berlin, CT
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time. As a result, some kids can experience learning loss and gain weight twice as fast than during the school year. For parents and caregivers looking to keep kids’ minds and bodies active, the New Britain-Berlin YMCA is offering summer camp to give youth an adventurous, active and healthy summer.
YMCA camp programs provide a fun and unique experience that gives children and teens the opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime. The New Britain-Berlin YMCA offers: Camp Thundermoon for ages 6 and up, as well as Little Explorers, an introduction to the camping experience for children in preschool and kindergarten.
There are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit www.nbbymca.org/summercamp for details.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The relationships formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!