We Believe That Together,
We Create a Stronger Community
At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Through the generous support of our donors, we are able to fund life-changing programs that help thousands of children, adults and families learn, grow and thrive for years to come. Our impact is felt every day when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
View our 2015 Annual Report here.
We offer multiple ways to meet your personal giving goals:
- Our Annual Support provides financial assistance for programs, memberships and camps for youth and families in need. Learn more or make a gift online.
- Capital Giving ensures every Y facility is safe, secure, up-to-date and designed to meet the ongoing needs of our community.
- Planned Giving assures that for generations to come Y programs will continue to change lives.
We Believe in Wise Stewardship
Thanks to a balanced operational structure that allows the YMCA of Silicon Valley to offset fundraising expenses with revenues from membership and programs fees, 100% of contributed dollars go directly to their intended purposes. The structure has been one of the organization’s greatest strengths since the Y’s founding in Silicon Valley in 1867.
We Believe in Meaningful Change
The YMCA policy is that no child, adult or family is turned away for inability to pay. We provide financial aid to over hundreds of people each year. When you give to the Y you become part of the fabric of the community through:
- 3 different locations that serve diverse communities with diverse programs within New Britain and Berlin
- Partnerships with more than 15 schools and dozens of partner organizations
- Hundreds of children who each year are part of programs as diverse as Youth and Government, sports, healthy eating, swimming, summer camp, and more
- Dozens of classes and events every week in which our 2000+ members work toward a healthy life, in fitness classes, nutrition nights, family activities and more
We Believe in Making a Difference
Each year more than 250 volunteers contribute their time to the Y. Thousands of people come through our doors. More than 100 staff work to provide services. A gift you make today, right now online, is a crucial part of making the promise come true: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility right now, and for years to come, here in New Britain and Berlin.